Thursday, June 25, 2009

{Fireplace Mini Remodel}

So I have been moping around the house feeling depressed, bored and just pretty gloomy and I thought that some of it had to do with all the crazy rain we have been getting out here. I ALSO thought that it might be partly because our house is reminiscent of a CAVE! We live in a very small row house in Baltimore City and have a total of 7 windows in the entire house. Three downstairs and 4 upstairs. Being a row house, they are all only on the front and back walls of the house. The width of the house is about 14 feet and it is very long from front door to back door,... like a cave.
So in an effort to brighten up the place a little and make things a bit more cheery, I decided a little makeover was in need of our dark red fireplace.
Here are the before pictures of the brick.....

My husband putting in some work....
I made him take an action shot of me....

And, you'll have to wait for the final product.... because I haven't taken a picture yet! Keep checking back! :)

2 comments: