Monday, August 31, 2009

{My First Quilt}

So,... I finished my first quilt last week and I LOVE it!!!! The squares were pre-cut 4" squares of random floral patterns that I already had around the house. This quilt turned out SUPER small. MAYBE this would be big enough for a baby blanket. I used all the pink, blue and green florals I had, backed it with a CHEAP twin sized ivory sheet and the binding is a pink and white stripe. It turned out very cute and picnic-y! :) I am already on to my second quilt, which unfortunately, I can't blog about since it will be a gift!
The pictures aren't great, but lighting is pretty tricky in my house. I love the patchwork look, and the piecing of the quilt top is not my favorite part, I really liked the accomplishment I felt after I finished the machine quilting part.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first finished quilt! It turned out very pretty! And you stippled--I'm completely impressed. Tried that once years ago and just couldn't get the hang of it. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh, I think the best tip I can give (since I am totally NOT a pro!) ;) would be to go slow! I started off a bit faster and definitely ran into more tension problems. When I slowed things down, it worked better for me. Also,... practice practice practice. I drew the free motion design on paper over and over, then practiced on scrap fabric before attempting on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your first quilt! It looks charming and sweet with all those florals. I just love scrappy quilts!

    ReplyDelete