Tuesday, November 10, 2009

{Michigan Bound}

Well here it is! The completed Hope Squared quilt I have donated to the latest Craft Hope/Margaret's Hope Chest project. I finished up the binding late last night and ran outside on my lunch break with a co-worker to take pictures. It was a little dreary out, but how NOT dreary is the bright chartreuse binding!?
I quilted this with straight lines, just 1/4 inch on either side of the seams between the squares. This was my first attempt at this kind of quilting and I knew nothing about a "walking" foot. Psshhh....
I did order one, and it arrived AFTER this quilting was finished. SO, you can see that center row of squares that is extremely lopsided, yup. The good news is that I'm pretty sure the recipient of this quilt won't be quite as critical about it as I am. :) The back and border is a solid white sheet.

Knowing that a child is going to find warmth and comfort and love in this quilt during the holiday season both breaks my heart and warms it. I will be thinking about them and praying for them this winter.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful, Jessie. I loved that you will be praying for the one receiving it. :)....You're gonna LOVE your walking foot! I use mine on just about every sewing project!

    ReplyDelete