Tuesday, June 1, 2010

{A Rain Forest Quilt for Baby Santos}

Over the past couple weeks, I have been working on a rain forest quilt for my new little niece or nephew. I. LOVE. IT. I think it turned out so cute!!!

I bought a bunch of blue, green and red rain forest-y looking fabric from Fat Quarter Shop along with several Kona Cotton solid fat quarter bundles. I used a LOT of different fabrics for this quilt!
The whole quilt is made from half square triangles turned pinwheels. :)

And then of course, some super cute green polka for the backing.


That's the Mr. right there!! (he LOOOOVES to be my photo assistant,... loves it)

I attempted pinwheels once before and had so much trouble with my simple little machine jamming up through all those fabric layers that I was really hesitant. BUT, I swapped out my needle and it changed my whole life. :) I KNOW!! I am so dumb! Why didn't I think of that before. Anyway, it made the pinwheels perfect AND made my quilting go very smoothly. OH YEAH,... I also used this really cool green variegated thread that I found at my LQS for the quilting! FUN!

Yeah, my niece or nephew has a totally awesome rain forest to live in! Don't you just LOVE it!!! Can't wait to meet you little Santos.

3 comments:

  1. this is really lovely great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a perfect quilt for a fabulous room. I am know exactly what you mean about the Mr - mine loves to help me in any way possible too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The parents and baby will love it!

    ReplyDelete