Monday, March 21, 2011

{A Tiny Quilt For My Boy}

A baby quilt

I made this tiny crib quilt for my little guy! I collected fabrics in aqua, lime green and grey (probably enough for like FIVE quilts) and used this pattern from the Moda Bake Shop.

WIP


WIP


Front

I am pleased with the result but I think next time, I will photograph the quilt BEFORE I wash it. I mean,... I love the crinkly goodness here, but it makes it kind of difficult to see the piecing details.

Detail


Binding


A baby quilt

So, I was going to have the bedding,... bumper and crib skirt custom made to match the quilt fabrics, but my mom talked me into letting her me make it. I think that my sewing skillz are just not good enough for something like this,... after all the mistakes and seam ripping, I'm thinking it's not worth it and might have someone else do it for our next child. :)

WIP

So this is the quilt with the bumper which is still not complete, and it definitely looks adorable, but like I said, not so easy for me. This is not the crib for the nursery either. This is at my parent's house. Cash's crib will be black. What do you think? Any readers hand make crib bedding and have any helpful tips? Right now I am trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to close the top of this bumper. I am seeing lots of hand stitching in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment