Wednesday, August 8, 2012

{Main Street Days}

PicMonkey Collage 5

So, I took these pictures almost three months ago, but since it's still summer, I'll excuse myself.  There's just something about a street carnival that says summer and I can't help but take a million pictures because those ferris wheels,.... they're just so nostalgic!  This was a carnival/street fair held on "Main Street" where I live.  We ate corn dogs, played crazy carnival games and played with ALL the animals at the petting zoo!  Cash loved every minute of it and was sound asleep by the end of the day!

Carnival Mustache

PicMonkey Collage 6

PicMonkey Collage 4

It's pretty unfortunate that it gets SO hot in the summer here in Texas!  I would love to do more things like this but I don't want to take Cash out on such hot days and I know I don't want to be outside in 100+ degree weather!  :(  I'm hoping for a little rain & some somewhat cooler days coming soon.

What kinds of things do you take your kids to do in the summer?  Any good indoor, inexpensive/free activities for a one year old you can share??


2 comments:

  1. Come to Minnesota next summer! ;) We freak out about 90 degree days... What program do you use to add the words to your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure where you are in Texas, but it hardly ever cools down after it rains during the summer time in my part. It just gets super humid and more miserable unfortunately!

    Check out some local museums. Sometimes they have free days or ones that are geared more towards kids. Also a few movie theater's do "Mommy Matinees" where you can bring youngsters and not worry about disrupting anyone.

    ReplyDelete